Thursday 9 January 2014

What is your 2014 Art Resolution?

Are you like me and make new years resolutions? I make quite a few so that I do manage to accomplish at least one thing by years end :)  But what about artistically speaking?  Do you ever make any new resolutions just for your art?

I hadn't thought about it as I work at my art all the time whenever time allows after my full time job. My art table is always setup in my former music room which is now completely art except for the 3 bodrum drums on the walls. But for others, like writer's block, they find they can no longer make time for their art. They step away and then as the weeks, months and years pile on, their canvases and paints are are tucked away and forgotten. If this sounds like you, why not make 2014 the year you root out those paints and dust off the canvas or sketch books, or watercolour paper and give it a go again!  Maybe sign up for an art class or two to dusty off the rusty edges. There are many artists in the Orillia area offering one day workshops or mini weekend workshops perfect to brush up or learn new skills.

Happy New Years 2014 and may this be the best year yet for all of you and your art.

Beverly Post-Schmeler
Blogging for the Orillia Fine Arts Association.

Franklin Carmichael's Mirror Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment